Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My 40 Favorite Film Moments - Part 7

31) Dancing Chicken (Strosek, 1977, dir. Werner Herzog)

The final scene of a very odd film about Germans coming to live and work in rural America. Don't ask questions, just experience.





32) I Knew These People (Paris, Texas, 1984, dir. Wim Wenders)

This is a slow burning film, but when it hits it emotional peak (this scene) it devastates you. Harry Dean Stanton has never been better, and Nastassja Kinski is perfection. One of the most over looked films of the 1980s. If you haven't, find this and watch it!



33) He's So Happy, He's Crying (Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, 1987, dir. Frank Oz)

One of the best comedies of 1980s that holds up even today. Steve Martin was still funny at this point, and Michael Caine can even go toe to toe with him. Still makes me laugh.



34) Hope (The Great Dictator, 1940, dir. Charlie Chaplin)

It's not his best film, and its not his best scene, but for me its such a great speech. You can argue that it shouldn't count...but this is my list and I'm putting it on here dammit!

No comments:

Post a Comment